Notification JEE Main examination 2019: The online registration process for the JEE Main examination 2019 will close on September 30 on the official website. The link of the website is jeemain.nic.in. All the entrants who want to apply an official website of JEE. or click on the link. It will direct you to the registration page.
Let us know something more about JEE MAIN examination
Joint Entrance Examination or popularly known as JEE is a very prestigious engineering entrance examination. It is conducted for admission to multiple engineering colleges in India. The pattern of the JEE examination is objective. In 2012, JEE replaced AIEEE and IIT-JEE. Central Board of Secondary Education is the Government run organization that authorizes the examination.
The JEE Main examination is now directed instead of the AIEEE examination. AIEEE exams were the threshold to get an admission to the National Institute of Technology or the NITs, Indian Institute of Information Technology or the IIITs and centrally funded technical institutes or CFTIs. On the other hand, JEE advance examination replaced the IIT-JEE examination. The IIT-JEE examination was conducted for the entrance in Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).
The entrants must clear the JEE Mains examination to become eligible to sit for the JEE advance examination.
The category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE ADVANCED will be the deciding factor for all the admissions to IITs. However, there are conditions like the candidates should be in the top 20 percentile (category wise) in their respective board examinations/qualifying examinations. Admission to NITs will be based on 40 % assignment of the parameters set for the performance in Class XII board examination/ equivalent examination marks. The remaining 60 % would be marked by the performance in JEE Main. Which will later decide the combined All India Rank (AIR) accordingly?
Registration schedule and other important dates
The initial phase or phase one JEE Main examination will be conducted from 6th January 2019 to 20th January 2019. Once applied, you will receive all the notification through an email. You can download the admit card from the official website itself. The JEE Main examination admit card will be available for download from 17th December 2018 onwards. The second phase of registration will commence from 8th February 2019. The last date for the registration of the second phase JEE main examination will continue till 7th March 2019. The applicants can download the admit card from 18th March 2019. The JEE Main examination part 2 examination is planned to be organized from 6th April 2019.
JEE Main 2019: Multiple exam dates
There are multiple days throughout which the JEE Main exams are conducted across all the centers in India. This gives the students an ease to choose a date. Moreover, if a student manifests for the JEE Main exams and the NEET exam two times, the best of the two scores will be considered.
JEE MAIN Examination 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The entrants have to score a minimum of 75 percent in their class 12 board exams. Or, should secure a position among the top 20 percentile in the board’s examination. This is the basic requirement to be eligible for JEE main exams or JEE advance exams. For candidates of the reserved quota from the SC and ST categories, the minimum score should be 65 percent for appearing in the JEE mains and JEE advanced examination.
JEE Main 2019: Important dates
JEE Main I: Commences from January 6
Online submission of application forms: September 1 to September 30, 2018
Downloading of admit cards: December 17, 2018
Dates of examination: January 6 to January 20, 2019 (8 different seatings and candidate can choose any one)
Declaration of results: January 31, 2019.
JEE Main II: Commences from April 6
Online submission of application forms: February 8 to March 7, 2019
Downloading of admit cards: March 18, 2019
Dates of examination: April 6 to April 20, 2019 (8 different seatings and candidate can choose any one)
Declaration of results: April 30, 2019.
Clearing the JEE mains and advanced papers will make candidates eligible for admission to Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech), Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) courses at Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) across India.
JEE Main 2019: Preparation strategy
Starting early gives more time to plan
Need to begin getting ready early, you will find a few subjects simple, and some extremely difficult. For instance, if you discover Physics to be the hardest, you can make a study plan accordingly and invest more energy contemplating the subject. Try not to keep anything to prepare in the last minute, since you are in a hurry to finish the syllabus with no bearing. Because of this, you won’t defeat your shortcomings and will lose marks in the exam.